HE TALKED!!!
Miracles are happening everywhere in the world, and that's no exception for the Trauma Center on Scottsdale and Osborn! My 16 year old baby brother opened his mouth and did the unexpected. He actually verbalized with my mother! This is what he said:
"Where am I?"
then later...
"Can I have a Strawberry Fanta?"
Excuse me...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaTears of joy have been rolling off the world's cheeks as we here such astonishing news!!!
He later complained that he was parched and needed water...and now the medical staff are satisfying that need with a hydrating gel, due to the still swollen throat he has.
He can raise fingers, toes, his head, and communicate. Of course he is not "all there" yet, but with our faith combined, all is possible.
The Family:
I am 22 today, and I cannot express what a gift and a blessing it is to know my beloved brother is alive. That realization shoves the majority of my wants and desires into a very deep hole that I've dug by tragedy, and places life's beautiful delicacies on a pedestal...my brother Jackson. I'm so thrilled to be a part of a loving circle of family and friends that I honestly lost reality of, by oblivion, and being so enveloped in my personal affairs. Not only are Jackson's eyes open, but so are mine. Family is everything to me now, and that's not just "lip service".
Chase LeBaron, the second oldest, is serving the Lord in Paraguay...Asuncion. He is half the reason Jackson is alive and well. It seems as families send their boys and girls under the Lord's wing and into the unknown (missionfield), miracles are wander into that common real of reality...we can never understand why so many blessings are "handed" to us.
Randall LeBaron, third in line, is preparing to serve a mission and also his Senior year of high school. He works at Harkins, and enjoys his job. He has taken Jackson and his other family and friends to movies free of charge. He is an amazing example of charity and genuine love.
Raegan and Laura are the two most beautiful girls we know. They are twins, also known as the Terrible Two, The Dynamic Duo! They will be Sophomores at Highland this next year. They enjoy art and watching popular shows with their father and brother Randall.
Dad, Robert LeBaron Jr., is the man! Recently out of surgery, he is at the hospital daily to care for Mom. His health is improving, but being under a knife just a few weeks ago isn't sufficient time to be riding back and forth and walking long distances, but that is just more proof of his love for Mom and Jackson. He's the best!
Luck doesn't have a role in our Heavenly Father's plan, but grace does!!!
The Lord's grace is sufficient.
Grace...
A man walked outside of his home to ponder on the possibility of sustaining his family by building a garden and hunting wild animals. He set out to dig long furrows in the soil and fertilized it until it was rich enough to grow fruits and vegetables. He sowed the seeds into the tight rows of furrows, and in the meantime, built a bow and arrow for killing animals to eat.
After weeks of work, the poor man and his family, after all they could do to prepare themselves the necessary provisions for life to go on, lacked the growth of plants and no animals to be found.
God's grace is the mercy shed on us after faith and action have taken place. After prayer, the sun finally came out and the rain caused the plants to grow. The beasts of the field were now available and the family lived...and all thanks to the faith, action, and grace of our Savior.
We thank you all for your continued support and prayers. The Lord has shined on us these last few days, and we are very grateful.
I don't know your family that well but I met Andrew a short time ago and know he is a great kid. I feel a closeness to your family just from how much everyone in the Sossaman Ward love you. Great legends!! I know the importance of faith and prayers as I was in the exact same place with my brother a year ago right now. It made it all so much easier knowing all the support and faith and prayers that come your way. I was glad to be able to fast and pray for him and your family as that is what gave me strength. The Lord's will will be done as we trust in Him. I'm always available to talk if you need someone that understands. My brother was in the hospital for 2 months. He is doing good now though.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, give your mom and dad my love your family is in my prayers. I use to take care of you boys when you was little. Your family is amazing.
ReplyDeleteLisa Larson
All the Johnson's are praying for your family! Your mom was like a sister to us growing up And made some mean macaroni and cheese!!! and Dub and Velda were like 2nd parents. My sister Julie has spinal meningitis when she was a toddler and I remember the Rogers taking care of us, and the same faith and prayers from so many for our family. And then my own husband being diagnosed with a brain tumor and cancer and again, the faith of so many praying for his recovery. Makes you realize how precious life is and how we should treasure every moment we have. Give our love to your mom!!!
ReplyDelete