Little do most know, Jackson Reid LeBaron is a paperboy. That's right, he wakes up at an early 2 AM and drives down to the the distribution center for the Arizona Republic. He assembles and folds the various sections, loads them into a metal cart, and shoves them, sometimes 500 at a time, into his fathers vehicle and delivers them to various neighborhoods in the East Valley. He does it for his father, who recently had surgery, and with a smile to boot. Everyone at the distribution center knows him for his genuine service that he offers to anyone in need. He's definitely a miracle in our family...and he's only sixteen years old.
He wakes up at 2 AM.
...and serves his family.
He WILL wake up again.
Jackson was with some friends on July 17, 2012 in the back of a pickup just driving around. They stopped at QT on Power and Guadalupe where I was standing alone preparing myself to go running with a friend of mine. He jumped out of the back of the truck and grinned his tight mischievous grin and said "That's my bro!" He came over and slapped my hand like us LeBaron boys do, oh so cool, and then followed his friends inside to get some food.
After my run, I entered my home only to be notified with a shocking text that my mother was in an ambulance with Jackson on her way to the Trauma Center on Scottsdale and Osborn.
What Happened:
Jackson fell off the ledge of the bed of the truck at a considerable speed and took a blow to the left side of his skull. The blow caused an epidural hematoma, which is a type of traumatic brain injury in which a buildup of blood occurs between the dura mater (the tough outer membrane of the central nervous system) and the skull.
It was an accident.
Dr. Marciano Phd. Neurosurgeon completed the task of extracting the blood clots to relieve pressure below the dura mater. After about three hours of surgery, he successfully completed the delicate task.
What is Happening Now:
Jackson's brain is being treated with a constant supply of anti-inflammatory meds and other circulatory meds to speed the process of his recovery and reduce swelling. We are unsure of the time frame of his exit this coma.
He doesn't move.
He doesn't breathe on his own.
He has very little to no response, but...
He is a fighter and has ALL of your prayers. He can hear music. He can hear voices, even the doctors have said so.
He has always been good about waking up, and now is when he needs it most.
The Lord is standing with him at his bed, as our family continues to hope.
Please comment as you wish...

good job brother on the blog!
ReplyDeletestay strong Jackson
That's so tragic. I'm terribly sorry. I'll pray for him and I hope he gets better soon.
ReplyDeleteSunni
I'm so sorry to hear this!! My sister went through something very similar, and she is okay now. I'll keep your brother in mine and my families prayers. I can't imagine the hurt your family is going through right now. Is there anything we can do for you guys? Honestly, we would love to help out. Best wishes.
ReplyDeleteShaun
I hope everything goes well for your brother. So sad to hear.. He will be on the prayer roll here in Hawaii. Best wishes for a fast recovery.
ReplyDeleteI already love your brother and I have never met him! Just by having a brother like you Andrew he has so much to wake up to! I will continue praying for him. Be strong!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for your brother.. I don't know him but know that he is awesome if related to you. I know Heavenly Father is looking out for him and has a plan with miracles waiting to happen. Continue to stay close to the spirit.. I am praying for him and your family.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers to your entire family..
ReplyDeleteMay he recover quickly. My prayers go out to him and your family. I know the Lord is looking out for you all and that He will help you through this. If you need anything just let me know.
ReplyDelete